Aug 13, 2018 World of Warcraft: Which Level 120 Spec Has The Highest DPS? World of Warcraft players who want to stay at the top of the DPS charts in Battle for.
Welcome to this End-Game World of Warcraft Class Guide for Balance Druids. This guide is simplified and streamlined to give effective information and advice without over-complicating things. It's intended for players who want to excel at DPS without having to deeply theorycraft every item and encounter or try and digest massive walls of text.
For competitive end-game raiders, we suggest explicitly using simulation tools, spreadsheets, and your own judgement to produce optimal stat weights, talent builds, and ability prioritizations as they ultimately depend on your character profile, raid needs, and preference of playstyle.
Browsing through this guide couldn't be easier. Below are the guides available, and remember you can always use the tabs above to navigate through them.
- Stat Priority & Summaries
Optimized Stat Priority and Stat Summaries.
- Gems, Enchants & Consumables
Optimized Gems, Enchants and Consumables.
- Talents & Build
Max-performing Talent Build and information on talents.
- DPS Rotation & Cooldowns
DPS Rotation and Cooldown guidance.
- Azerite Powers & BiS Gear
Best-in-Slot (BiS) Gear and the best selected Azerite Traits.
If you're interested in seeing how Balance Druid stacks up against other specs, be sure to check out our spec rankings:
- DPS Rankings
Generated using SimulationCraft, the most trusted theorycraft tool.
- Item Level475
- Encounter TypeMax
- 1Arcane MageView Breakdown66,806 DPS
- 2Beast Mastery HunterView Breakdown64,085 DPS
- 3Marksmanship HunterView Breakdown62,214 DPS
- 4Unholy Death KnightView Breakdown61,918 DPS
- 5Enhancement ShamanView Breakdown61,124 DPS
- 6Balance DruidView Breakdown60,077 DPS
- 7Survival HunterView Breakdown59,749 DPS
- 8Havoc Demon HunterView Breakdown59,138 DPS
- 9Elemental ShamanView Breakdown59,060 DPS
- 10Frost Death KnightView Breakdown58,390 DPS
- 11Fire MageView Breakdown57,614 DPS
- 12Affliction WarlockView Breakdown56,833 DPS
- 13Feral DruidView Breakdown56,626 DPS
- 14Assassination RogueView Breakdown55,634 DPS
- 15Destruction WarlockView Breakdown55,415 DPS
- 16Retribution PaladinView Breakdown55,072 DPS
- 17Frost MageView Breakdown54,894 DPS
- 18Demonology WarlockView Breakdown54,585 DPS
- 19Subtlety RogueView Breakdown54,395 DPS
- 20Windwalker MonkView Breakdown54,253 DPS
- 21Shadow PriestView Breakdown52,565 DPS
- 22Outlaw RogueView Breakdown52,164 DPS
- 23Fury WarriorView Breakdown50,102 DPS
- 24Arms WarriorView Breakdown49,165 DPS
DPS Rankings Overview
These rankings are created using SimulationCraft, a program that is highly tested and trusted for simulating in-game encounters with characters.
We use SimulationCraft because simulators permit a high degree of control by allowing us to use specific talents, rotations, gear, possible boss mechanics, etc. to arrive at repeatable results that can be compared across specs and time. Also, simulators allow us to average out results from thousands of fights to get a feel for how a spec performs all of the time and not in one amazing fight.
If you are curious to learn about the simulation fight encounters of Max and Real, we recommend to read our past articles that describe them in Part I and Part II.
Wow 7.3 Dmg Charts For Mac
The damage meters for my boss fights look very different than these rankings. Why?
There are any number of reasons why in-game results will differ from simulated (or log based) results. A few common differences include the following.
Wow 7.3 Dmg Charts Download
- Fight Length: Dungeons and LFR raids often have shorter fight durations which can result in much higher DPS as the value of DPS cooldowns is greatly increased in short fights.
- Multiple Targets: The current DPS rankings offer strictly single-target and splash-AoE (1 main target+2). There are scenarios in-game where there are a lot more targets which can allow for much more aggressive AoE.
- Player Variables: Skill, latency, gear, a lucky string of crits, etc. can all significantly impact in-game DPS. Rankings can help represent general trends, but they’ll rarely predict the outcome of a specific encounter with all its unique factors.
Wow 7.3 Dmg Charts For Kids
How do these rankings compare to other sources that use raid logs to show spec comparisons?
Raid log sites offer a perspective on how some of top players are performing with each spec. These rankings can be helpful to understand how specs are faring in the current raid tier and often reveal unexpected synergies between specific specs and boss encounters. However, log based sites are subject to their own data problems including players who artificially boost their DPS by employing technical or social exploits, changes in popularity of specs, uneven sample sizes, and generally unrepeatable or uncontrolled results.
While simulators allow us to get a feel for how a spec performs all of the time through averaging out thousands of fight results, it is important to note that simulators are generally weak when modeling specific fights in a raid tier, and additionally they rely on data that is as good as the theorycrafting community is able to produce.
Overall, no single DPS ranking is perfect and they should all be considered when evaluating specs. Simulators and log based solutions both offer value to the WoW community.